Little swimmer

Little swimmer

Sunday 26 January 2014

Club Tropicana - all non-alcoholic drinks are free


The 63 Squadron's Annual Dinner had a slightly different tune to the ones I've experienced before. The welcome speech introduced the evening as an "informal and relaxed way to spend time together" - although it also apologised for bad food before even getting to the buffet part of the evening...!
Whilst I'm sure some people found it highly relaxing - and some very amusing (me included) - Phil spent the first half nervously leafing through a red folder: he was choosing his karaoke song! Unfortunately he entered the stage after the Golden Voice prize was already handed out.... But he did manage a duet!

Others came prepared with their own karaoke CDs. Maybe we'll start practicing at home for next year... 

Tonight the Asian sense of humour translated itself in pressuring everyone into singing. And rather than appreciating those who can sing, the crowds hollered and laughed at those who can't. The worse the singer, the louder the screams. 

I'm glad I wasn't made to sing - but I'm equally glad our household didn't win any of the prizes. Whilst the nominations could almost be acceptable for a dining in night, the prizes certainly weren't anything of the sort. Mr Cool was awarded with 2 tubs of Tupperware (how cool is that?!), and other prizes included a bottle of washing powder, air freshener, to name but few.... If my luck is to change in general, I hope it will be car related, not lucky draws!

All in all a weird night, although I managed a giggle - and fair dues to Phil, he was a good sport. And the buffet was excellent!



No comments:

Post a Comment