Little swimmer

Little swimmer

Tuesday 8 April 2014

New children's menu at the Radisson

There aren't that many ways to entertain a child in Brunei but eating comes very close to top of the locals' favourite things to do, and Sofia has never been a stranger to some makanan. And when it's combined a bit of swimming, she's pretty happy! 


To change the scenery from our regular Yacht Club we returned to Radisson's pool for an afternoon swim and dinner for Sofia. The whole Tasik Brasserie has a new tempting menu but this time Phil and I already had other plans, we just wanted to trial the new kids' menu. I was particularly pleased over the improved menu as the prices are much more affordable than before, and there is a variety of choice.

I remember the Brasserie being way over-priced before but they have seemingly lowered all prices in the new menu, so it's worth a try as an excursion (well, the noodle/rice dishes are still $10...). The pool area is very pleasant, and the jungle gives it a bit of shade in the mornings. The children's pool is under cover, and the big pool does have steps where the less stronger swimmers can play, as it is 2 m deep at its deepest point. The area lends itself to a nice relaxing day. But whilst Sofia is a great swimmer, I'm not quite lucky enough to be able to close myself into the cocoons and let her swim - although this time Phil took the turn and let me read!


As a side point, I still think that restaurants could do much better in planning menus for kids that are not too different from the "normal" menu, just cheaper and smaller portions. I don't understand why children should only eat nuggets and fries. I guess if you ask kids, that's what they want but at the same time Sofia enjoys a variety of foods that I'd be happier to order for her. The Radisson's list isn't amazing in this respect but at least it's got home made foods rather than processed items, and it includes vegetables!

Sofia chose the squiggly noodles with chicken and greens (what was I saying about the healthy choices...?). It didn't have an overwhelming amount of veg but the portion was tasty. She was choosing between this, the spag bol and the burger, so guess we are going back for more swimming and tasting!
Which I don't mind as they make a great blended cappuccino (don't even dream of a cocktail by the pool!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment